He Said She Said – Stone Sublimely Self-Righteous
Beer of the Week – Stone Sublimely Self-Righteous
Read what Beer Advocate says about it, or what Colin (he) and Meghan (she) say.
The second best IPA I have ever had. Black as night. Nice hoppiness, not too much citrus, not a lot of bitterness in the finish. Sip it slowly – it gets better as it warms up.
Yum! I LOVE this bear. I have not tasted a black IPA before. It was great out of the bottle, better in a glass. Smooth, a little bit sweet. The hops were subtle, but definitely there.
Colin and Meghan think definitions 2 and 3 below apply to this beer.
Definition of “Sublime”
1. elevated or lofty in thought, language, etc.
2. impressing the mind with a sense of grandeur or power; inspiring awe, veneration, etc.
3. supreme or outstanding
4. complete; absolute; utter
5. Archaic. of lofty bearing. haughty.
6. Archaic. raised high; high up.