We offer a variety of ways for every customer to learn more about the wines, beer and spirits on our shelves. Through our weekly tastings, special events and classes, learn firsthand from our experts, winemakers, brew masters and industry professionals.
Fridays we have wine (and sometimes beer) tastings. We host special events throughout the year.
Our Annual Holiday Wine Tasting was on Saturday, December 6, 2014, 3-5:00pm
We had a fantastic crowd, great wines, and a fun afternoon. See photos from the tasting here.
December Seminars, Wine Dinners, Tastings
* December 5 – Eggnog & Rum Cream Tasting
* December 6 – Annual Holiday Wine Tasting. Details here.
* December 9 – Port Tasting
* December 12 – Cape Cod Beer Tasting, Berkshire Mountains Distillers Tasting, Landers-Jenkins Wine Tasting
* December 19 – Gift Wines tasting
* December 19 – Raffle Drawing to benefit the Oyster Pond Environmental Trust
* December 25 – Christmas – we are closed
* December 26 – Friday wine tasting
* January 1 – Happy New Year! We are closed
* January 2 – Friday wine tasting
|November Seminars, Wine Dinners, Tastings|
Wednesday, November 5, Wine Dinner with Owner/Winemaker David O’Reilly at C Salt, Falmouth (More info to follow)
Friday, November 7, Tasting 2 new California Wines – Barrique Winery
Saturday, November 8 – Kevin & Miranda Houston Memorial 5k. Falmouth Wine & Spirits is a Platinum Sponsor for this race. Join us at 9:00 to run or walk. http://www.houstonmemorial5k.org.
Tuesday, November 11, WINE SEMINAR with Kate Cassidy, Discover Tuscany 6:30 p.m. (reservations required)S
Friday, November 14, Meet Owner Eric Glassow of The Grey Barn Farm, Martha’s Vineyard- wine tasting with 2 new Spanish Fall Wines
Saturday, November 15, Tasting with Eden Ice Wine and sweet things! 3:00- 5:00
Tuesday, November 18, WINE SEMINAR – grower Champagne Tasting with Vineyard Road and Oysters with Todd, owner of Washburn Island Oyster Farm
Friday, November 21, Meet Vineyard Owner Beth Ann Dahan of Vela Wines, New Zealand
Friday, November 28, Tasting Wines, Local Foods and Knife Maker Sam Densmore
SAVE THE DATE:
Saturday, January 17 Celebration of the Repeal of Prohibition 3:00- 5:00 pm
See our Events page for a complete listing of events.
Friday, September 19, 5:00-7:00pm
- 2012 Château Tour de Luchey, Appellation Bordeaux $9.99 / bottle
- 2010 Château le Grand Sigognac, Appellation Medoc $15.99 / bottle
- 2012 Château Rocher-Calon, Apellation Montagne-Saint-Emilion $17.99 / bottle
- 2011 Château du Courlat, Appellation Lussac-Saint-Emilion Contrôlée $17.99 / bottle
- 2009 Château Louvie, Appellation Saint-Emilion $24.99 / bottle
- A meaty, silky and ripe wine with copious aromas of ripe balck fruits and supple slightly woody tannins. To taste over grtlled meats, little game and cheeses with character.
- 2009 Château Bonalgue, Appellation Pomerol $54.99 / bottle
- ROBERT PARKER – 89 Points – Another sleeper of the vintage from this very consistent estate that always seems to over-achieve no matter what the vintage conditions, big, ripe black cherry and mocha notes intermixed with some forest floor and underbrush jump from the glass of this seductive, dense, full-bodied, fleshy fruit bomb from Pomerol. It is rich, pure, and just irresistible. Drink it over the next 7-8 years.
Watch this preview of the bottles of wine we will taste: Bordeaux tasting label video.
- October 4 – Louis Bernard Côte du Rhone Villages and Domaine Feline Picpoul du Panet
- October 10 – Wente – Morning Fog Chardonnay, Double Decker, and the Spur
- October 15 – November 15 – Falmouth Village Association Scared Crow Scavenger Hunt
- October 17 – Charles Smith Wine Tasting with Lisa Kaplan
- October 24 – Bogle Phantom, Mirth, and Lenore wines
- October 25 – SATURDAY – Fall Cider and Beer tasting with donuts from Great Cape Baking Company. New Cape Cod Winery Wines
- October 31 – Tasting Pinot Noir and Viognier; Fall wine sale – 10% off sale table items
July and August Events
- July 4 – Tasting Red, White and Rosé All American Wines
- July 11 – Tasting picnic wines
- July 12 – Tasting Caledonia Spirits Barr Hill Vodka and Gin
July 18 – Around the world with Pinot Gris
July 25 - Around the world with Rosés
August 1 – Tasting Spanish Whites & Interesting Reds with Chris Maloof from Vineyard Road
August 8 – Tasting Interesting FrenchWines
August 15 – Run to the Bully Boy Spirits Tasting & Fuori Strada (Off Road) Organic wines
August 22 - Around the world with Chardonnay – from A (Argentina) to F (France) to U (US – California)
August 29 – Around the world with Pinot Noir
See the August 2014 Newsletterfor a complete listing of events.
Some recent events:
August 15 – Bully Boy Spirits Tasting
May 3 – Falmouth Wine & Spirits spring open house and wine tasting!
April 1 - Wine Class – Grand Cru Boujolais.
March 29 - Zin Fest
March 18 – Patrick Mata, wine importer from some of the lesser-known regions of Spain, hosted a lively, informative and delicious wine class to a full room.
|Ludovicus D.O. Terra Alta 2011|
|Castelo DO Papa Godello 2011|
|Cal Blanca Toro 2010|
|Vinos Sin Ley Old Vine Monastrell|
|Vizcarra Ribera del Duero 2011|
February 5 – Enzo Barbi, winemaker from the Umbria region of Italy, braved the New England winter weather on his first trip to Cape Cod to host the class with wines from his Italian vineyard:
Villa Barbi Orvieto Classico 2011 Decugnano Il Bianco Orvieto Classico Superiore Villa Barbi Umbria Rosso 2010 Il Rosso Decugnano 2009